So a few weeks back Influenster sent me an awesome code to get a free foundation from BareMinerals. I was super excited because it was for their new “Made 2 Fit” App that customizes a foundation for you. Um what? Sign me up! I immediately went onto the app to get my foundation…. let me tell you about my experience!
First, you need to go into the App Store and download the “Made 2 Fit” app (it can be downloaded on Android or iPhone). It’s free. The directions on the app are easy to follow and the app is super user-friendly.
The app will look like this once it loads:
Before you begin, you will need:
- 5 sheets of plain white paper (printer paper)
- A smart phone
- Clean makeup-free skin
- A well lit room, no direct sunlight or harsh light
- Yourself! ♥️
You should start by clicking “How to scan” so you can learn how the app works
- Once you click, you need to make sure your sound is on so you can hear the directions
- Make sure to remove your phone case before you begin
- You will need to “calibrate” your phone first, which is where the 5 pieces of white paper come in! This is super easy.
You will then use the back camera of your phone to scan.
- Hold your phone so that your index finger helps you tap (as shown in the picture above)
- Tap the paper with your phone once per second (make sure the camera actually touches the paper)
- The app will tell you once you are done with this step, and when your phone is calibrated and ready to go!
Next you can move on to scanning your inner wrist and face. The app will direct your through these steps. You will tap on your skin just like you did on the paper when you calibrated your phone.
As soon as you complete these steps, you’re done! It takes you to the next page where you can name your foundation!
You will then put in your shipping / billing / payment information, and it will ship right to your door!
The foundation is $49.00 USD for 1fl oz (🤯 so pricey, I know!) The app also gives you free shipping which is awesome.
Now that we went over that super fun/easy process, we can move onto the actual review of the foundation…
I’d like to start by saying, this shipped to me SO quickly! I got it in 3 business days! What?! So fast! Especially for free “standard” shipping!
Now the positives:
- Super gorgeous bottle! Frosted glass and a nice sturdy design. Came in a really cute little box and I was instantly excited to try it.
- Let me also preface by saying I have combo/oily skin. I can get super dry but stay greasy at the same time. Weirdest skin type ever, I know.
- Next, I loooooooved the finish of this. It didn’t dry super matte or dewy. It was in the middle. Perfect for me. Almost a satin finish, but definitely felt hydrating!
- It lasted a good 6-7 hours on my skin through a loooooong workday. I definitely noticed it breaking up around the 7 hour mark, which was fine…. that’s average for a foundation for me. (And remember, I work on a plane ✈️! Your skin gets so icky on a plane, especially with makeup on. But this really held up.)
- Ok so I don’t know what happened, or if this app is just whack, but this foundation shade was SO OFF! It was the worst matched foundation I have ever received. It was about 5 shades too dark (see picture below.)
- I am an NC15 from MAC for reference.
- It’s just a huge no. Honestly I had to mix it with a white foundation mixer and it still was just bad. It didn’t work. I really wanted it to work, but it was horrible.
BUT here is the silver lining:
- I wrote to the company immediately after I tried it out. They were AWESOME! I got a response within hours, and they sent me a new code to reorder the foundation, free of charge! They wouldn’t even let me send the old one back, just told me to give it to someone else who would use it!
Now I am just waiting for my new one to arrive. I will be updating this post as soon as I get it with swatches. I’m really hoping for the best because I fell in love with this foundation!
What’s the best experience you’ve had from a company/ or a company’s customer service? This really put Bare Minerals up there for me! I will be purchasing from them again super soon.
Have you tried this app/ foundation? What was your experience with it?
Sign up for Influenster by clicking here